New York  |  Banking Law

In Dec.12, my company acct. was hacked by cyberthieves to the tune of approx. $40K. The bank was able to recover a little over half the funds within 3 mos. but refused to cover the balance of approx. $17K. The police report clearly reflects the cybertheft (romance scam). I have sent a letter to the bank more than once to re-consider their denial. That was 6 mos. ago. I believe I have a strong case against the bank to show they were negligent. I reside in NV, but the suit would need to be filed in NY State since that is the provision under the acct. agreement.

I am interested to seek counsel that would take this on contingency.

Answered on: 9/10/13, 9:26 pm by Roman Fichman Esq.

Realistically, the amount that could be potentially recovered is not sufficient to justify a contingency arrangement as the potential cost of litigation would outweigh any recovery. I would be willing to consider a contingency fee coupled with a discounted retainer.

Law Practice of Roman Fichman Esq. New York Manhattan, NY 10011-1607