Legal Question in Bankruptcy in New York

I'm filing bankruptcy ad one of my creditors claims they are secured even though nothing was secured with the loan they claim the courts will not discharge this debt is this true there name is Shopfreedomtravel if that helps and they are a travel agency that lets you go on vacation and pay if back in time advice needed bad

Nancy Delain Delain Law Office, PLLC

Unless you pledged your car, your house, your F-series concert grand Steinway piano, your your Lear jet, your Babe Ruth autographed home-run baseball, or another tangible thing as collateral for the loan, a travel loan is not secured. Secured loans are loans that have a thing that the creditor can repossess if the loan is not paid.

Whether the loan is dischargeable or not depends in some part on the circumstances under which you took out the loan.

Hire a lawyer to help you with your bankruptcy.

THIS POST CONTAINS GENERAL INFORMATION AND IS INTENDED FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. IT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE, NOR DOES IT CREATE ANY ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. FOR LEGAL ADVICE ON YOUR PARTICULAR MATTER, CONSULT YOUR ATTORNEY.

More Bankruptcy Law questions and answers in New York

Bankruptcy Law Legal Forms