New York  |  Business Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/02/13, 12:47 pm

I have an incorporated entity which purchased the assets of another incorporated entity. Included in the assets were two DBAs. I need to officially transfer them to my corporation with the New York Secretary of State. I have the original filing receipts from when the other corporation got the names. I also have my purchase agreement stating I purchased the assets. That said, how do I go about transferring the names? Is there a specific form for this? Thanks.

2 Answers

Answered on: 11/02/13, 3:05 pm by David Slater

You will need to file Amended Business Certificates.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

David P. Slater, Esq. 5154 Windsor Parke Dr. Boca Raton, FL 33496

Other answers from this attorney

Answered on: 11/02/13, 10:51 pm by Roman Fichman Esq.

Generally speaking, DBAs are directly tied to their parent company and are not sold independently. It is possible to undo this connection and have you use the DBA but there is no one form to do it. The additional complication is that since you purchased assets of the company and not the company itself, you will likely require additional permissions and paperwork from the seller.

BTW, relatively speaking, this should not be an expensive endeavor and I can assist you with this.

Roman R. Fichman, Esq. │ @TheLegalist

email: Info (@) TheLegalists (dot) com

t e l : 2 1 2 -- 3 3 7 -- 9 8 3 7

Disclaimer: This post has been written for educational purposes only and was not meant to be legal advice and should not be construed as legal advice or be relied upon. No intention exists to create an attorney-client relationship or any other special relationship or privilege through this post. The post may contain errors, inaccuracies and/or omissions. You should always consult an attorney admitted to practice in your jurisdiction for specific advice. This post may be deemed as Attorney Advertising.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Practice of Roman Fichman Esq. New York Manhattan, NY 10011-1607

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search