New York  |  Business Law

Can my partner reopen my business with someone else in the same location with the same name and concept?

My small, unique restaurant (LLC with 3 equal members & contributions ) is in debt and facing eviction. If evicted landlord will allow my partner to continue without me. Partner has interested investor who will pay off existing debt and wants to reopen the business with my partner under a brand new company but in the same location, with the same business model and with the same concept. They are probably planning to use the same name. Partner refuses to buy me out. If evicted we are required to leave our property. My partner says he will dissolve our current LLC. Can my partner then reopen a new company with someone else without me or without my consent. It will clearly be the same business that I co-founded.