Legal Question in Technology Law in New York

I am being harassed online in a public chat room, and via email by this male stating the i am an lesbian. which in fact, i am not!!! he emails lesbian pictures to people in the chat rooms with my screen name and email address on it. it all started because i have asked him to stop chatting pedophile statements towards the other members children, when i stopped chatting with him, he started this online defamation, slander, and libel against me. i would like to know what can be done so he can stop this foolishness.

Frank Natoli Natoli-Lapin, LLC

You can sue him for defamation as well as harassment. If he too is in NY, I would file in the small claims court where no lawyer is required.

If you would like to discuss further over a free phone consult, feel free to contact me anytime that is convenient.

Kind regards,

Frank

www.LanternLegal.com

866-871-8655

frank@lanternlegal.com

DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis

On top of harassment and defamation, this person is also likely violating the chat room's terms of use. You should be able to file a complaint through their website, or by sending an email or call to their customer service department, or contacting their offices directly - sometimes going straight to a CEO gets really quick results. They should be able to block his account and also block his IP address so he cannot simply create a new account and continue the harassment. These remedies are at the option of the website and the only legal remedies are the ones Mr. Natoli describes.

More Computer & Technology Law questions and answers in New York

Computer & Technology Law Legal Forms