New York  |  Consumer Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/04/10, 2:42 pm

A company based in New York State has refused to give me a refund for a product that I never received. I believe I'm in entitled to my money back. The Better Business Bureau process has yielded me no results.

The only problem is: I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. Can I sue this company even though I'm a Canadian citizen? If so, how would I go about doing this? Would I have to be present in a court in New York if the lawsuit went to trial?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search