Legal Question in Consumer Law in New York

I live in NY. 2012 July I bought an ATV(dirt bike) in MA. I got the title and a bill of sale. I registered it May, 2013. New York issued a transferable registration. This week, a repo man is at my door trying to take it away from me. Apparently, there's a lien on the title(OK, I'm dumb).

I called the finance co and $1200 is owed. They don't want to deal with me.

The ATV is a 2007. It sold for about $5K new.

I paid $3K.

What MUST I do? What can/will they do to me?

Asked on 8/20/13, 12:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

They may reposses the ATV or sue you directly for the balance; they may also destroy your credit.

Read more
Answered on 8/20/13, 3:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Consumer Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now