New York  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/11/13, 10:49 am

I have a judgement against me in the state of New York. It is over 10 years old. The judgment creditor ( corporation) no longer exists and there is no attorney of record for them. I recently discovered that the owner of the corporation committed suicide in July of 2012. There appear to be no estate attorneys for him.

Can I have this judgement set aside? Can I get a satisfaction of judgment? How? From Whom?


1 Answer

Answered on: 9/11/13, 12:34 pm by David Slater

No. It may be stale and unenforceable.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

David P. Slater, Esq. 5154 Windsor Parke Dr. Boca Raton, FL 33496

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search