New York  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/05/10, 9:06 am

Have been separated not legally for 25 yrs...married legally for 46 yrs.Husband has passed away recently.

I would like to post an ad in the newspaper stating that I am NOT liable for his debts owed from 1985 through present.

How would I go about this? I spoke to a rep from the the paper and they said I would need legal advice before I go ahead and post the info. I don not want my address posted in a newspaper.

Can you advise?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search