New York  |  Criminal Law

Assault 3rd degree

I do not have a record, if I pleaded guilty what would be my penalty

?

Answered on: 10/01/08, 11:29 pm by Anthony Colleluori

Re: Assault 3rd degree

You face up to 1 year in jail or 3 years probation and up to 90 days in jail. Further you can be fined up to 1000 dollars and you will have a criminal conviction.

If this is your first offense, getting a lawyer may very well stop your getting even a record. YOu ought to seek out a good lawyer who has experience handling criminal cases.

The money you spend for a lawyer is nothing compared to what you will save by not having a criminal record.

Good luck.

The Law Offices of Anthony J. Colleluori & Associates PLLC 180 Froehlich Farm Blvd. Woodbury, NY 11797

Answered on: 10/01/08, 4:15 pm by Carlos Gonzalez

Re: Assault 3rd degree

This is very difficult to say, overall since it is a first offense the likelihood of the DA wanting you to do any time would be close to non-existent. However, there may be a request of probation or community service.

It would be ideal that you not have to accept anything along the lines of probation even, on such a case.

MUCH LUCK. If you would like to further contact us regarding this, or any other case, you may contact us at cgonzalezlawfirm.com or call us directly at 212.709.8303

Gonzalez Law Associates P.C. 380 Lexington Avenue, 17th Floor New York, NY 10168