Legal Question in Criminal Law in New York

Assault 3rd degree

I do not have a record, if I pleaded guilty what would be my penalty


Asked on 10/01/08, 1:06 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Anthony Colleluori The Law Offices of Anthony J. Colleluori & Associates PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Assault 3rd degree

You face up to 1 year in jail or 3 years probation and up to 90 days in jail. Further you can be fined up to 1000 dollars and you will have a criminal conviction.

If this is your first offense, getting a lawyer may very well stop your getting even a record. YOu ought to seek out a good lawyer who has experience handling criminal cases.

The money you spend for a lawyer is nothing compared to what you will save by not having a criminal record.

Good luck.

Read more
10/01/08, 11:29 pm
Carlos Gonzalez Gonzalez Law Associates P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Assault 3rd degree

This is very difficult to say, overall since it is a first offense the likelihood of the DA wanting you to do any time would be close to non-existent. However, there may be a request of probation or community service.

It would be ideal that you not have to accept anything along the lines of probation even, on such a case.

MUCH LUCK. If you would like to further contact us regarding this, or any other case, you may contact us at or call us directly at 212.709.8303

Read more
10/01/08, 4:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88263 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now