Legal Question in Criminal Law in New York

collatral effect

I was arrested & charged w/ tampering with evidence. The cop said I swallowed a marajuana cigerett, the courts convicted me.disorderly conduct/1year conditional discharge.problem is I am a security officer in nys for a major university I am confused will I lose my security license and is this a crime

Carlos Gonzalez Gonzalez Law Associates P.C.

Re: collatral effect

Disorderly Conduct is NOT a crime. It is a violation, which is on par with a parking ticket. I would suggest going to the courthouse and getting a letter of disposition, the cost is $10.00, it would simply show what the result of the case was. The point being that if for any future reason the arrest would show up on any search done of your background you would already have the letter of dispoition, signed by the court, proving that there was no criminal conviction.

MUCH LUCK.

you may visit our website at cgonzalezlawfirm.com or contact us directly at 212.709.8303 for any further assistance with this, or any future matter.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New York