New York  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/18/13, 2:48 pm

I was in a domestic incident with my boyfriend last weekend. The cops were called, neither of us called them and neither of us filed any sort of charges against one another. He now has been charged with assault and battery I believe. There has been a no contact order in place. In New York state these orders cannot just be lifted they must first be lessened. I am writing a statement to the judge. I would very much like this to be lessened. What are some things I should include, not include? This is his first offence and he has never been in trouble with the law before, we have been together for almost three years and this is the first time that this has happened. What are the chances that this can be resolved so that we can get on with the relationship?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search