Legal Question in Criminal Law in New York

a friend was caught stealing in Lord & Taylor, the store had her pay restitution and stay out of the store for two years, which she did. she was never arrested or anything involving police, but she wants to make sure this doesn't show up during her green card interview. I called the store, spoke with the security department, and they said, as long as restitution was made, there wouldn't be any charges, and will not be a criminal issue. I just need a lawyer to confirm that this kind of stuff usually stays in the store.

Arkady Bukh Bukh Law Firm, P.C.

If she was not charged by the police for a crime there should be nothing that would show up on her criminal record. It sounds like the police were not involved so it would not show up on a criminal check. You might want to post this in Immigration law on Lawguru to get their opinion as to if there is any way it would show up, but it would not show up as a criminal record.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New York