Legal Question in Criminal Law in New York

What happens to a prostitute who already has a warrant?

Hi, I got arrested in march 2006 for prostitution. I went to court on 2 occassions (april & may) & my case was given a different date (in june 2006) But i never went back to court. I got arrested again (march 27, 2008) & when they did the background on me, my 2006 records came up. I got bailed for $500 for the march 2008 arrest. But i have to go back to court this on april 2nd 2008. Since, I had a warrant on me, am I gonna be locked up? What do I do? Please help me? i have a 10 year old daughter who depends on me. I dont know what to do. Thank you for your advise in advance.

NEAL SPECTOR, ESQ. NEAL S. SPECTOR, P.C.

Re: What happens to a prostitute who already has a warrant?

The answer may depend to some extent on the court you're in. Some judges view defaults seriously while others don't. Since you didn't state where this is pending it's difficult to say. You can call me monday morning to discuss it further. Info@nealspectorpc.com 5168738989.

Robert Evans Robert S. Evans esq.

It is likely that since the warrant showed up when you were arrested in March , the arraignment Judge vacated the warrant and set both cases down for your return date and also imposed the bail to insure your return. I believe a " plea bargain" can be worked out to keep you out of jail. Please call my office @7188340087 for a free phone consultation.

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New York