Legal Question in Criminal Law in New York

I work in Minnesota and was charged with "criminal mischief in the 4th degree" in New York City (Manhattan). After looking over what the charge entails, what I did does not fit the category, but rather the charge of "Unlawfully posting advertisements" which is a violation. I was given a desk appearance ticket to show up in a month.

My boss has told me we can have a lawyer take care of it without me needing to fly out to NYC to take care of this. So, is this accurate? Can I avoid the D.A.T and have a lawyer handle this without me going?

Asked on 9/23/13, 9:13 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Dennis OSullivan The Law Office of Dennis O'Sullivan
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

As a general rule, yes (some judges can be difficult). You'll have to sign a waiver authorizing your attorney to appear on your behalf.

Read more
Answered on 9/23/13, 9:18 pm
Eric Rothstein Rothstein Law PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It depends. Feel free to contact me.

Read more
Answered on 9/24/13, 2:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now