Legal Question in Discrimination Law in New York

I was one of several people who won a sex discrimination case a few years ago. A settlement was granted for a lot of money in 2008. the case was handled by the EEOC. It is now 2012 and there is still no payout. When I call the attorney handling the case, he tells me there are companies trying to get money that the business we took to court owed them. I thought a settlement went to us not to other people who are owed money. I never hear from my attorney regarding a update. I call him every 6 months. I don't even get a email from him.I live in NJ. At the time of the case I lived in NY. The EEOC branch that is handling this case is in Baltimore

Jason Stern Law Offices of Jason Stern

How do you know the case was settled? Did you sign a release? This matter may be more complicated than you believe. You may call me if you would like to discuss how to discover exactly what is going on with the status of your compensation.

More Other Discrimination Law (Age, Race, Sex, Gender) questions and answers in New York