New York  |  DUI Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/04/13, 12:56 pm

I was convicted of a DUAI in New York. Unlike a DWI or DUI, a DUAI is not a criminal offense, it is a traffic infraction like a speeding ticket. I therefore have no criminal record and can honestly answer "no" if asked by a Border Partrol Agent if I have ever been convicted of a crime. There is plenty of information online about getting into Canada with a DWI or DUI but I can not seem to find any information about crossing into Canada with a DUAI. Would a DUAI prohibit my privilege of entering Canada? Or would it have no bearing since it is not a "crime"?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search