Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I have a 19 step-son that needs to leave my house. He is not in school, no job, drinks, does drugs, verbaly abusive, refused to help around the house. Intimidates his younger sisters. Can't we just kick him out? Or make him live with his mother?

Asked on 9/04/13, 10:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jordan Trager Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Legally you need to commence a holdover proceeding. However, you should have a consultation with an attorney to see if there is something else you might be able to do.

Read more
Answered on 9/06/13, 5:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now