Legal Question in Family Law in New York

At what age Can a child decide not to visit a parent

Asked on 5/12/13, 8:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jordan Trager Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Definitely by age 18. If you are younger than 18 you can have the other parent file a petition to modify visitation and ask that the court appoint an attorney for you, called an attorney for the child. You can then tell your attorney your wishes.

Read more
Answered on 5/13/13, 7:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now