Legal Question in Family Law in New York

Authority of a child

My fiance has sole custody of his 7yr old son. My fiance also spends a lot of time of state due to work. What steps can be taken that so I have authority to make decisions for the child. I am deperatley trying to register for summer camp, but I have no legal rights to sign any forms. Also, they have just recently moved from Maryland to New York

Asked on 6/25/09, 4:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Antoinette Wooten The Hurley Wooten Legal Consulting, PC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Authority of a child

If the child is your fiancee's then your fiancee will have to give you the authority to act on his behalf.

When your fiancee obtained sole custody this granted him the right to make the decisions about the child's education, health, etc.

Patricia Martin-Gibbons

Read more
Answered on 6/25/09, 4:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now