New York  |  Family Law

My boyfriend's ex-wife (divorced a year) has been talking to the kids 10,12 and 14 about the divorce, about infidelity and details (lies) about my boyfriend, which is seriously hindering the relationship between him and the kids. We are looking for some sort of solution to get her to not speak to the kids about those items that are hindering the relationships. I have suggested a siest and decist letter. Would this work? If not, what are his options?

Answered on: 8/29/13, 8:57 am by Tatyana Agarunov

The cease and desist letter may or may not be a solution. It depends whether she takes the letter seriously. There are other options but I would recommend for you to discuss them with an attorney.

Agarunov Law Firm 30 Broad Street New York, NY 10004

Answered on: 8/29/13, 10:00 am by Jordan Trager

You may be able to bring a petition in the family court. You should speak with an attorney regarding this and have him review your boyfriend's divorce agreement to see if she is violating the terms by denigrating him to the children.

Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C. 1010 Northern Blvd, Suite 300 Great Neck, NY 11021