New York  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/10/09, 1:37 pm

changing childs last name

I have sole custody of my children father has had no contact in 2 years i would like to get his name off birth certificate and last names changed. I want to do this is in event something happens to me we will not take them as he has not supported them in the last 9 years either. And feel it would only hurt them at that time.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search