Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I had a child by a street walker an I don't want anything to do with both of them can I sigh my right away or I still have to pay child surpport

Asked on 8/22/13, 9:50 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paula McGill Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The court is unlikely to allow you to escape your responsibilities if the taxpayers are going to be forced to pay for your child. Signing your rights away MAY only prevent you from legal rights to the child, such as visitation. The only way to surely avoid financial responsibility for your child is to have the child adopted.

Also licensed and practicing in New York.

Read more
Answered on 8/24/13, 12:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now