New York  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/24/01, 10:43 am

Can child support Payments be waived?

My wifes attorney has indicated that she is willing to settle this divorce action if I agree to sign over our house to my wife, in exchange for waiving all future child support payments from me. Is this possible? I was under the impression that support is mandated by law , and could not be waived. I have two children, 15 and 20.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search