Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I am going thru a child support/alimony- child custody case in May and found out today in court that my husband wants to immediately file for a divorce-- in NYS, can he legally do that-- I thought everything with the courts had to be final before you could file for a divorce.

Asked on 4/26/12, 1:30 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Steve Brodsky Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

He can certainly file for divorce now. New York Divorce Lawyer

Read more
4/26/12, 1:38 pm
Daniel Clement Law Offices of Daniel Clement
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Your husband can file for divorce. The divorce cannot be granted until all issue have been resolved.

Read more
4/26/12, 1:46 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88333 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now