Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I want to divorce my wife. Can I leave and take the children?

Asked on 8/19/13, 3:59 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jordan Trager Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There is no order preventing you from doing this but it might backfire on you if she files a motion restraining you and ordering you to return the children. It would be best for you to have a consultation with an attorney before doing this.

Read more
Answered on 8/20/13, 7:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now