Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I am divorced and my ex wife has full custody of our two children who I pay child support for. Next month my Fiance and I will be welcoming a new child into the world. We both work full time. Can my child support be reduced because I have a new child in the picture?

Asked on 5/07/13, 2:34 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Daniel Scott Daniel U. Scott, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Congratulations on the new birth.

Unfortunately, the answer is no. You can not successfully ask a court to reduce your child support on the older children because there will be a new sibling. After born children (the new baby) do not reduce child support obligations.

Read more
Answered on 5/07/13, 2:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now