Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I need a free divorce because my husband abandon me and my 3children

Asked on 10/23/13, 2:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Steve Brodsky Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

There is no such thing as a free divorce unless you do it yourself (but there are still court filing fees). If you qualify as a "poor person" then you may be able to get the court fees waived. The other alternative is to file for divorce and include a motion to demand that your spouse pay for your attorney (if you qualify as the non-moneyed spouse).

Read more
Answered on 10/24/13, 10:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now