Legal Question in Family Law in New York

If you own a house. Then marry ( his name is never added to the house) then divorce after 15 he entitled to any part of the house?

Asked on 8/11/13, 5:54 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Yefim Rubinov Yefim Rubinov Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It's possible. Consult a lawyer

Read more
Answered on 8/11/13, 6:43 pm
Jordan Trager Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The house is considered your separate property but he may be entitled to a credit if he contributed to capital improvements, paid the mortgage, etc. You should speak with an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 8/12/13, 6:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now