Legal Question in Family Law in New York

my husband sign a contract with wind power. Co. 2 yrs. ago now he wants divorce do I have rights to that money.

Asked on 5/19/13, 4:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jordan Trager Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Under equitable distribution law, if the contract that he signed is an asset acquired during the marriage and if it has actual monetary value or value that can be determined through an appraisal, then you are entitled to equitable distribution of that particular asset. The fact that your signature was not on that contract is not a factor.

Read more
Answered on 5/20/13, 8:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now