New York  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/09/12, 10:17 am

I have been legally divorced for for about 15 years. I never got my share of my ex's retirement funds at that time. My lawyer advised me to leave it in his retirement account due to penalties. Can I now go back and get what was owed to me? If so how can I perue the money owed to me from an old retirement fund?

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/09/12, 10:51 am by Jordan Trager

Does your divorce agreement provide for a qualified domestic relations order? You should have an attorney review it right away.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C. 1010 Northern Blvd, Suite 300 Great Neck, NY 11021

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search