Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I live with my gf who has two small children 4 and 2. Her ex husband and her do not get along well and recently her ex husbands girlfriends 9 year old hit the two year old while at his house for a visitation. My gf is now trying to get supervised visitation. In the past two weeks during arguments he has called me a maniac rapist and a drunk child molester which I am neither. I've never harmed the children in any way. Is there anything I can do to be proactive because im afraid if my gf takes him to court he will try to falsely accuse me to spite her. Also my mother runs a family daycare and im afraid any accusations can blow back on her

Jordan Trager Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C.

Avoid contact with him if at all possible. Do not talk to him or argue with him. If you are able to do so, try sending him a text message simply telling him to refrain from contacting you in any way. Make the text message very brief - just say who you are and please do not call me or text message me or contact me. Do not add anything else to the message. If he sends you a text message or other written communication, particularly one calling you any of these horrible names, then I would suggest going to your local police department and filing a domestic incident report. If he continues with this kind of harassing behavior, you should press criminal charges against him for aggravated harassment.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York