Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I get married in 2011 with my husband and now we have 1 kid and i am pregnant we went last month to africa to visit my husband's parents and my husband met a girl there and he wants to warry her.... Can he get married in other country without divorce me? And how can i stop that?

Asked on 10/05/13, 4:49 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bruce Provda Provda Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

He sure can't get married in the United States without divorcing you. I am not familiar with the laws of African countries, but I would doubt it. Consult an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 10/06/13, 2:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now