Legal Question in Family Law in New York

i am married for 23 years. my husband owned a home with his sister she took his name off the deed do to a jugement in 2001. in 2004 she bought him out of the home by taking 150,000 and putting it in my mothers name to purchase a home for me and him because of the judgement. So the house was bought and stayed in my moms name until 2007 then we assumed it into our name because the judgement was taken care of. in 2009 we refinanced took money out paid of a car. now in 2012 i filled for divorce and he wants the money back that he laid out to buy our home.can he do this or was it comingled

Asked on 6/27/13, 1:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jordan Trager Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should retain the services of a matrimonial attorney. It sounds like the money was transmutated but there is alot going on with your case.

Read more
Answered on 6/27/13, 1:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now