Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I am in the middle of a divorce, I currently live in New York he lives in Oklahoma can he take our 3 year old daughter from New York back to Oklahoma

Asked on 7/20/13, 8:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Philip Katz Fink & Katz, PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Legally, you and your husband are joint custodians of your child. If you are in the middle of a divorce, isn't the issue of custody being addressed? The court handling the Court should be made aware of the father's intention to relocate the child and an order prohibiting the move until custody and parenting time are finally determined should be sought by you through your attorney.

Read more
Answered on 7/20/13, 8:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now