Legal Question in Family Law in New York

am i able to move out of the county with my child? i have my 1st court date in September for custody and visitation. my child lives with me and there are no agreements or court orders.

Asked on 8/28/13, 2:51 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jordan Trager Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I think that depends upon how far away you are moving. If you are moving from Queens to Brooklyn I doubt you would have much of a problem. On the other hand, if you are moving from New York City to Buffalo then I would not recommend doing that until you have your court date. I would also recommend that you consult with an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 8/28/13, 3:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now