Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I'm in the process of buying a home with my boy friend. However, he is currently going through a divorce. The divorce papers were filed over 4 years and is awaiting the judge's signature. Can his ex-wife come after the property even though their divorce was file 4 years ago? Is it wise to purchase the house together or should I get it on my own? Thanks.

Asked on 7/26/13, 9:25 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Browde David A. Browde, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

His wife is not entitled to a share in the property.

Read more
Answered on 7/26/13, 9:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now