New York  |  Family Law

Hi. I just recently got divorced. I finally signed to accept about $370.00 a month for two kids. With nothing else. No summer camp, afterschool activities, clothes, trips, nothing. I signed the stipulation because a) I didn't have money to pay a lawyer and b)he supposedly cannot work now due to health issues, so I figured that if and when he'd get a job (which I would probably only know about if I hired a detective) I could go to family court and up the ante. I live in New York City by the way.

Did I make a horrible mistake by signing the stipulation, or would I probably not been able to get more child support due to the fact that he's not working (so he says) and even when he does work, he doesn't show tips and extras in his taxes. The amount he has to pay was actually calculated based on what he earned before he said he stopped working. So, anyway, did I make a mistake? (Btw I signed it because I truly wanted to be finished with it already).