Legal Question in Family Law in New York

I was just served a summons today to appear in court for chil support in October, but I am moving out of sate in September. Why can I do to avoid having a warrent for my arrest put out?

Asked on 8/18/10, 8:22 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Browde David A. Browde, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Seek permission to appear by telephone.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/10, 8:41 pm
Carlos Gonzalez Gonzalez Law Associates P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You may do one of several things.

You. Ay seek to appear by phone...


You may hir an attorney to appear for you on that date, but still hmay be required to appear by phone, it is generally beneficial to have an attorney appear with, or for,you on child support matters as the potential outcome may have financial impact on your life for many years to come.

Our office regularly handles suoort matters, contact us at 212-405-2234 if yiy are interested in retaining our services to assist you on this matter.

Read more
Answered on 8/26/10, 9:31 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now