New York  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/30/08, 11:27 am

out of state how can i get a lawyer

i live in VA and i am paying child support in NY if i want to have a modification on the child support order how can i file the papers in court if i live out of NY state? can i hire a lawyer in the area of NY to do it for me?

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/30/08, 11:36 am by David Browde

Re: out of state how can i get a lawyer

Yes, you can hire an attorney in New York to work on your behalf.

It would probably be best were you to hire one in or near the county in which the court which issued the order is located.

If I can be of help, please let me know. (I work primarily in New York City, Nassau, Westchester, Orange, Rockland and Putnam Counties.)

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

David A. Browde, P.C. 604 Quaker Road Chappaqua, NY 10514

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search