Legal Question in Family Law in New York

how do i stop my wife from moving back in after she moved out

Asked on 10/24/13, 6:07 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Steve Brodsky Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You can't simply prevent a spouse from living in the marital home UNLESS you have legal grounds, i.e. an order of protection. However, you can file for divorce and include a provision that grants you exclusive occupancy of the marital home.

Read more
Answered on 10/24/13, 7:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now