New York  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/04/06, 10:20 pm

Unmarried- absent father

I have somewhat of a rather unique situation. My child was born out of wedlock and his father's name is not on the birth certificate. My child is five and his father has never provided support for him. I intend to marry in the next year and we would like to move out of New York. Do I need to file for sole custody without a father in the picture in order to move? My fiancee would also like to adopt- although I'm not sure how that would work either.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search