New York  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/09/13, 8:31 am

In New York, can a family court judge entertain overturning a Department of Labor determination? That is, if the NYDOL determines the defendant did not voluntarily leave their job, can the judge consider the arguments that the defendant did leave voluntarily and come to a different conclusion than the DOL, if it relates to setting child support?

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/10/13, 8:22 am by Jordan Trager

The family court can impute income for the purposes of determining child support.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C. 1010 Northern Blvd, Suite 300 Great Neck, NY 11021

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search