New York  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/29/13, 1:20 pm

I'm a former New York (USA) resident with a minor child. My ex husband still resides in New York. We have a divorce and child support agreement already in place. Me and our child moved overseas (with legal permission and a modification to the custody agreement).

My ex stopped paying child support. Even though there is a child support treaty in our new country, the local authorities refuse to pursue a back child support case for me. I cannot find a way to file a case from outside the US requesting back child support.

Please advice me what government department, organization, or authority to contact to file for enforcement and collection of the child support decree.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search