Legal Question in Civil Litigation in New York

Friend owes me $30K for a loan 5 years ago, only small partial paid back, and been trying to work with them to get a payment plan to pay back rest, but only meeting resistance. Though I do not want to take this route, I confronted and told I will sue if it comes down to it. Now told they will have some money avail in August to begin payback, but think they are only trying to bide time for another excuse. Is it possible to begin process to file paperwork to sue someone now and hold off on serving for several months if they do not start payment, or do I need to start process at that time?

Asked on 5/21/13, 3:26 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Do you have proof of your claim? Start your action today. Your Statute of Limitations will run out.

Read more
Answered on 5/21/13, 4:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now