Legal Question in Civil Litigation in New York

I was wondering what exactly i should do. I recently wrote a bad check to my own employer, not realizing it. Well after they stopped giving me hours, i finally realized what was going on, I walked into the store (its a grocery store) And right there was HUGE signs, where everyone can see that stating "DO NOT CASH ANY CHECKS FROM SHERI ____" And there was a copy of a check i had written. Until recently i never thought about it, but the check they made a copy of was NOT bad check, and it was my CURRENT BANK ACCOUNT INFORMATION, they did NOT write out my routing number or my account number, and they were visable to the general public, do u think this is a good case that i can sue?

Jason Kessler Law Offices of Jason B. Kessler, P.C.

The answer is the following... "do you have the money to pay for three years of litigation that could cost you approximately $50-$75K for a minimal recovery?" If the answer is yes, then I would consider contacting an attorney to pursue a defamation claim. If the answer is no, then I would forget about it.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in New York

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms