Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

I am an American citizen who worked in Singapore back in 2010. At the end of my contract of employment, my employers paid my Singapore taxes, and then released the remainder of my final paycheck to me. In 2012 I received a letter from the Singapore IRAS stating that it had been determined that I actually owed a bit more. I was away from home working at the time, and did not receive this information until June 2013. I sent the money (about the equivalent of $130 USD) via telegraphic transfer last week, and was told it would take up to 31 days to process and change my status in their system. I had to apply for a UK work visa for a separate job last week, which requires me to start in the UK at the end of this month. Should I expect to run into any problems with this visa application before my delinquent Singapore tax payment is processed? Thank you very much

Asked on 7/03/13, 3:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Unfortunately, this is not a U.S. Immigration Law question, so I cannot assist you. You need to contact an Attorney who practices law in the United Kingdom to answer your question.

Read more
Answered on 7/03/13, 1:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now