Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

I am an American citizen who worked in Singapore back in 2010. At the end of my contract of employment, my employers paid my Singapore taxes, and then released the remainder of my final paycheck to me. In 2012 I received a letter from the Singapore IRAS stating that it had been determined that I actually owed a bit more. I was away from home working at the time, and did not receive this information until June 2013. I sent the money (about the equivalent of $130 USD) via telegraphic transfer last week, and was told it would take up to 31 days to process and change my status in their system. I had to apply for a UK work visa for a separate job last week, which requires me to start in the UK at the end of this month. Should I expect to run into any problems with this visa application before my delinquent Singapore tax payment is processed? Thank you very much

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

Unfortunately, this is not a U.S. Immigration Law question, so I cannot assist you. You need to contact an Attorney who practices law in the United Kingdom to answer your question.

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York