New York  |  Immigration Law

My boyfriend is on a E2 visa, can I marry him in the US to get a spouse visa and be able to stay with him ?I am french and he is australian, is it better for us to get married in the US or in France, also, are Las Vegas marriages legally recognized ?

Answered on: 8/08/13, 8:33 am by Michael Cho

Yes, you can get married anywhere and become a dependent on his E-2 visa. You can also apply for your work authorization as a dependent on the E-2 visa.

Law Offices of Michael Cho 10940 Wilshire Boulevard, 16th Floor Los Angeles, CA 90024

Answered on: 8/08/13, 2:52 pm by Marlene Hemmings

Assuming you are in the U.S. currently, & in legal non-immigrant status, then you can apply for a change of status to E-2 (dependent) if you get married. Marriages in Las Vegas are valid, as long as it is solemnized by someone authorized to do so by law, such as a Minister, Superior Court Judge, etc.

Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law 23371 Mulholland Drive, Suite 294 Woodland Hills, 91364