Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

if I file my aos as a applicant do I have to submit my taxreturn as well in the package because I have entered the us as a j1 student where i have paid for tax , or can i save this when i ll be going for a interview

Asked on 6/28/11, 5:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Dianne Brooks The Mandel Law Firm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Are you even eligible to adjust status as a J1? Do you have a 2 year return requirement? If so you will not be allowed to adjust status. Whoever is petitioning you and who is filling out the I-864 as your sponsor will need to provide tax returns but yes I would submit them with your application.

Read more
Answered on 6/28/11, 6:58 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now