Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

i would like to find a lawyer who can help me fill out some immigration papers... pro bono

Asked on 7/05/11, 9:25 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Southard Law Office of Richard Southard
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Unfortunately because of malpractice insurance issues, most immigration lawyers will not do this pro bono. They can be liable for large sums of money if mistakes are made regardless of the fact that they are helping you for free. That being said there are many immigration attorneys who will assist you for a nominal fee above the filing costs and I believe there are a number of self-help clinics available with a little research on the internet.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/11, 7:15 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now